Condensing units are used to cool water in the ice builder to 0.5°C. During milking a centrifugal pump circulates a continuous flow of chilled water through a plate cooler to cool the milk from 35°C to 4°C in just a few seconds.
Ice builders offer the following benefits:
- Lowest possible running costs to make maximum use of off-peak electricity;
- Instant cooling of the milk to 4°C at the plate cooler to inhibit bacterial growth and maintain milk quality;
- Double protection - instant cooling via the ice builder in addition to the tank's DX cooling system;
- Moving some of the compressor usages away from peak milking times to even the electricity load;
- Smaller compressors enabling single-phase options;
- No mixing of hot and cold milk;
- 24-hour milk collection - since milk enters the bulk tank at 4°C, collection can be during or immediately after milking.
More Services at Kristal D&D
Kristal D&D specialises in designing milk cooling solutions for dairy farms throughout the United Kingdom.View More
Dairy Hygiene & Sundries
Dairy Hygiene & Sundries products for your farm at the right price is crucial to producing milk profitably.View More
Kristal D&D offers tailor-made services to suit your requirements.View More