Ice Builders Kristal D&D
Condensing units are used to cool water in the ice builder to 0.5°C. During milking a centrifugal pump circulates a continuous flow of chilled water through a plate cooler to cool the milk from 35°C to 4°C in just a few seconds.
Ice builders offer the following benefits:
- Lowest possible running costs to make maximum use of off-peak electricity;
- Instant cooling of the milk to 4°C at the plate cooler to inhibit bacterial growth and maintain milk quality;
- Double protection - instant cooling via the ice builder in addition to the tank's DX cooling system;
- Moving some of the compressor usage away from peak and milking times to even the electricity load;
- Smaller compressors enabling single-phase options;
- No mixing of hot and cold milk;
- 24-hour milk collection - since milk enters the bulk tank at 4°C, collection can be during or immediately after milking.
why buy a kristal d&d ice builder?
The Kristal D&D ice builder includes the following features:
- Two separate ice banks positioned to ensure a large reservoir of ice is available and individually connected to each condensing unit for maximum efficiency;
- Unique thermal flow system ensures returning warm water entering at the bottom of the tank is distributed evenly across the ice bank - eliminates the need for inefficient air blowers;
- Constructed of the highest quality stainless steel and designed with a steel box-section frame for maximum strength and stability;
- Expanded polyurethane foam injected between the inner and outer jackets guarantees maximum insulation and gives a strong and durable structure.
INSTALLATION CONTINUED SUPPORT
Kristal D&D's highly-skilled engineers ensure a trouble-free installation. Once your milk refrigeration system is installed, Kristal D&D offers tailor-made maintenance contracts to suit your requirements. We carry a wide range of spares, not just for Ro-Ka tanks, but also for Japy, Mueller, Fabdec, Fullwood Packo and DeLaval cooling equipment, and parts required urgently can generally be despatched for delivery the following day.
To find out how Kristal D&D can provide the right solution for you call us on 01885 483576 or please click link below.Contact Us
The procurement of the right cleaning and hygiene products for your farm at the right price is crucial to producing milk profitably.View More
The milking machine is at the heart of every dairy farm, harvesting milk from every cow in the herd and conveying it to the bulk tank ready for collection.View More
Milk Cooling Solutions
Kristal D&D specialises in designing milk cooling solutions for dairy farms throughout the United Kingdom.View More